Let’s face it. Shoveling snow by hand is a hard job for both men and women. Just when you think you are done for the day, you get a new batch of snow delivered right at your doorstep.
Girls, let’s work smart and not hard! Get yourself a good snow blower.
I particularly like the Greenworks 2600402 Pro . It is one of the best snow blowers for women since it clears a lot of snow without being too bulky or too heavy to operate. Best of all, it works on battery, which means you won’t have to deal with gasoline.
Keep on reading to find out more!
- 1 Comparison Table
- 2 My Top Picks Of Snow Blowers For Women
- 2.1 Snow Joe 24V-SS10 Cordless Snow Shovel – Lightest Snow Blower
- 2.2 Greenworks 2600402 Pro 80V Snow Blower – Best Overall Snow Blower
- 2.3 Greenworks Corded Snow Shovel 2600802 – Best Ergonomic Snow Blower
- 2.4 Snow Joe Ion21sb-PRO Snow Blower – Widest Clearance Snow Blower
- 2.5 WEN 5662 Blaster Electric Snow Thrower – Most Reliable Snow Blower
- 3 Buyer’s Guide: How To Pick The Best Snow Blower For Women
- 4 And The Best Snow Blower For Women Is …
Let’s take a quick glance at the products we will talk about here.
My Top Picks Of Snow Blowers For Women
Snow Joe 24V-SS10 Cordless Snow Shovel – Lightest Snow Blower
- Questions, Text 563563 to chat directly with a Snow Joe expert
- ION plus 24-Volt Battery System compatible: Includes 24V ion plus 4.0 Ah rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides up to...
- VERSATILE: Quick, easy and CORD-FREE snow pickups on decks, steps, patios and sidewalks
- It weighs less than 10 lbs
- 24V rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 25 minutes of run time on a single charge
- Clears snow 10 inches wide and up to 6 inches deep
- Blows snow up to 20-feet away
Looking for the lightest snowblower that won’t exhaust you? Meet the Snow Joe 24V-SS10!
This handy little device weighs less than 10 lbs and can be used by anybody. The lightweight Grab-N-Go design won’t deplete your energy when you need it most. You can count on those two strategically placed ergonomic handles to reduce your back pain, as well.
The iON 24-Volt lithium-ion battery keeps the motor running for up to 25 minutes. This should be enough time to clear a small deck and a patio. If you run out of power, you can fully recharge the battery in 1 hour and 50 minutes.
The Snow Joe 24V-SS10 is best for clearing light and fluffy snow, so keep this in mind. Its two-blade auger picks up snow in an area 10 inches wide and up to 6 inches tall, and blows it up to 20 feet away. The scraper blade at the base of the unit lets you get close to the ground without damaging the surface.
- Weighs less than 10 lbs
- Up to 25 min running time
- Adjustable ergonomic handles
- Doesn’t damage the surface
- Easy to assemble
- 2-year warranty
- Works only on dry, fluffy snow
- May not handle 6 inches of snow
Greenworks 2600402 Pro 80V Snow Blower – Best Overall Snow Blower
- Ultimate performance 80V Li-ion systems delivers greater efficiency with up to 45 minutes of run time with 2.0 Ah...
- Quiet, maintenance free brushless motor technology
- Quickly clear your driveway, sidewalks, patios, etc with a 20 inch clearing path
- Best overall features and performance
- 80V rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 45 minutes of run time on a single charge
- Clears 20 inches wide and up to 10 inches deep
- Blows snow up to 20 feet away
The Greenworks 2600402 Pro snowblower has the whole package: performance and the looks.
I am particularly impressed by its long-lasting 80V 2.0 Ah lithium-ion battery that can run for a full 45 minutes. You will have plenty of time to tidy up your porch before the guests arrive at your winter get-together. Charging the battery only takes 30 minutes.
Many snowblowers fail to clear snow fast, but not this one! Its wide and tall auger lets you tackle more snow at a time. It clears 20 inches wide and 10 inches deep. Your sidewalk will be clean in just a couple of passes.
The green handle lets you rotate the throwing chute 180°. This feature allows you to pile snow in one place, up to 20 feet away, without making a mess. Use the accumulated snow to make an igloo or a train snow sculpture.
The Greenworks 2600402 Pro may look intimidating, but in reality, it is quite easy to operate. Push the start button to make it work, no gas or cords involved.
- Push to start
- Up to 45 min of run time
- Quick 30-minute charge
- Wide clearance
- 180° rotating chute
- LED headlights
- Foldable handle for easy storage
- 4-year limited warranty
- Not suited for heavy snowfall
- Some units come defective
Greenworks Corded Snow Shovel 2600802 – Best Ergonomic Snow Blower
- 8 Amp electric motor offers ease of use
- Hassle free push button electric start
- Light weight and compact for quick clearing in tight spaces
- Ergonomic features
- 8 amp electric motor
- Clears snow 12 inches wide and up to 6 inches deep
- Blows snow up to 20 feet away
The Greenworks 2600802 is the best snow blower for women who like to stay comfortable during hard work.
The telescopic handle lets you adjust the snow blower to your height. You no longer have to slouch if you are a tall person. Move the operator’s handle on the bar to achieve maximum comfort.
The whole snow blower weighs only 14 lbs. The machine is so light you can hang it in storage next to your brooms, rakes, and shovels.
The Greenworks 2600802 works on electricity, so you have an unlimited run time. Simply plug it in the electrical outlet using a winter-grade extension cord. The cord-lock will ensure it doesn’t unplug during use.
This unit removes up to 300 lbs of snow per minute. Such efficiency is achieved with two curved blades that cut 12 inches wide and 6 inches deep into the snow. However, it is recommended that you clear 2 to 4 inches at a time.
- Adjustable ergonomic design
- Telescopic metal handle
- Cord-lock system for safety
- Decent clearance
- 4-year warranty
- Not suited for wet and heavy snow
- May not last long
Snow Joe Ion21sb-PRO Snow Blower – Widest Clearance Snow Blower
- Lightweight design (only 36 lbs) to easily clear large driveways and walkways
- 40 V 5.0 Ah EcoSharp PRO rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 65 minutes of whisper-quiet run time and is...
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Makes the widest path on a single pass
- 40V rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 65 minutes of run time on a single charge
- Clears up to 21 inches wide and 8 inches deep
- Blows snow up to 20 feet away
The Joe Ion21sb-PRO has the best clearance width of all the units on my list. Its steel auger with two rubber blades is powerful enough to plow snow 21 inches wide and 8 inches deep. You can move up to 660 lbs of snow per minute, which is pretty impressive.
The 40V 5.0Ah rechargeable EcoSharp PRO lithium-ion battery gives you 65 minutes of run time on a single charge. Imagine how much snow you can clear in just over an hour. The battery is also compatible with other Snow Joe iON tools.
The feature you will appreciate the most is the 180º auto-rotate chute that spins at the push of a switch. You won’t have to bend down and manually position the discharge chute every time you change direction.
The cherry on the cake is the 3W LED headlight that lets you safely work into the late hours.
- Amazing clearance capacity
- Instant start
- Up to 65 minutes run time
- 180° auto-rotating chute
- LED headlight
- Rubber blades don’t damage the surface
- 2-year warranty
- Not suitable for wet and packed snow
- Can clog easily
WEN 5662 Blaster Electric Snow Thrower – Most Reliable Snow Blower
No products found - check back later!
- Doesn’t run out of power
- Electric 13.5 amp motor.
- Clears 18 inches wide and 7.8 inches deep
- Blows snow up to 20 feet away
- Clears up to 490 lbs of snow per minute
Looking for a reliable snowblower that won’t run out on you? You’ve just found one!
WEN 5662 Blaster is powered directly by an electrical outlet, offering you unlimited run time. You can now take your time and actually enjoy the process of clearing snow.
You can rely on a powerful 13.5 amp engine to get the work done for you. You only have to push the snowblower forward to clear a max of 490 lbs of snow per minute. Thanks to the 6-inch wheels and lightweight 32 lb design, pushing this snow blower is a walk in the park.
The auger makes 2,000 rotations per minute. It creates enough momentum to blast the snow 20 feet away and 10 feet high. You can pick the direction by rotating the chute 180° with a simple turn of the crank.
Your limited storage space shouldn’t keep you from buying this handy device. The frame is fully collapsible, so you won’t have trouble finding a spot for it in your garage.
- Unlimited run time
- 13.5 amp engine
- Sturdy and reliable
- Adjustable discharge chute
- Safety extension cord holder
- Storage friendly
- 2-year warranty
- Not suited for compacted snow
- May suddenly stop working
Buyer’s Guide: How To Pick The Best Snow Blower For Women
Buying a snowblower for the first time can be intimidating for anybody. There are just so many types and brands to choose from. Which one you pick depends on:
- How much snow you get in your area
- How large of an area you are clearing
- Your personal preferences and needs
Picking a good snow blower is much easier when you know what features to look for. Lucky for you, I have created an extensive buyer’s guide that will instill some confidence in you.
Take a look!
If you want to know more about snowblowers, read my guide about the best snow blowers in general.
The clearance capacity of a snowblower lets you know how wide and deep the unit cuts through the snow. Clearance capacity consists of two factors:
This is how wide of a path the unit makes on a single pass. Choosing a snowblower with a clearance of at least 20 inches has many advantages.
The wider the auger is, the less time you will spend in freezing cold. You will clear your sidewalk in just a few passes.
The Snow Joe Ion21sb-PRO clears 21 inches in a single pass. It is an ideal accessory for bigger properties. However, it may be harder to store.
The intake height tells you the maximum snowfall height the unit can handle.
It is recommended that the intake height of your snowblower is a couple of inches taller than the typical snowfall you get in your area.
The Greenworks 2600402 Pro has the best intake height on my list. It can tackle snow piles of up to 10 inches tall. To clear snow taller than this, you will have to do multiple passes. Take a look:
Many women would prefer to own a small, lightweight snowblower that gets the job done well. A bulky snowblower that weighs almost as much as you will quickly drain you of energy, especially if the unit is not self-propelling.
I’ve made sure to include a diverse selection of lightweight snow blowers on my list. The lightest one is the Snow Joe 24V-SS10 , weighing only 10 lbs. The “heaviest” of the bunch is the Snow Joe iON21SB-PRO , standing at 36 lbs.
How frustrating is it to see the snow on your driveway pile up, but your snowblower won’t start? We all want a reliable snowblower, regardless of gender.
Electric cordless snow blowers are more reliable than gas-powered units. Gas engines often fail to start after summer because of a clogged carburetor or busted spark plug. Electric motors, on the other hand, don’t have these maintenance issues.
That is exactly why I haven’t included any gas snow blowers on my list today. Instead, you can pick a cordless battery-operated Greenworks 2600402 Pro or a corded electric No products found.
It is recommended that you store your electric snow blower in a warm space. If you forget to do this, and the battery doesn’t start immediately, take it indoors and allow it to warm up for 10 minutes. That should do it.
Most of us don’t like the idea of having to take care of a snowblower before we use it. This includes draining the system, changing the oil, checking for gas leakage, cleaning the carburetor, switching an old spark plug for a new one, and much more.
All these tune-ups can be avoided by simply buying a cordless snowblower. The only maintenance required is to keep the battery indoors during winter and charge it when it runs out.
Charging the battery is simple. Insert it in the included charger and plug the whole thing directly into an electrical outlet. Charging an 80V lithium-ion battery on the Greenworks 2600402 Pro only takes 30 minutes.
Having a storage-friendly snowblower that won’t be in your way for the better part of the year is a big plus. Good news, all the units in my review list are easy to store!
The Greenworks Corded Snow Shovel 2600802 weighs a little less than 13 lbs and can be hung on the wall next to your gardening tools. This compact snow blower is ideal for small homes with limited space.
I also like the No products found. It has a collapsible handle for easy storage in the corner of your garage.
Cost And Warranty
The cost of a snowblower depends on the brand, type, size, and luxury features.
If you are on a budget, I recommend you look into the corded electric throwers, like the No products found. Corded blowers are typically cheaper than battery-powered units.
But price shouldn’t be the only determining factor for your purchase. Look at the warranty, as well. It should tell you how confident the manufacturer is in its product.The Greenworks 2600402 Pro is the only one with a 4-year warranty against defects in parts, materials, and workmanship. Its battery and charger are covered by a 2-year warranty, like all the other snowblowers from my list.
And The Best Snow Blower For Women Is …
The best snow machine for women is the one that you feel most comfortable operating, whether that be a petite cordless snow shovel or a bulky three-stage gas blower.
With that said, I still have to announce the best machine from my “Top List.”
The clear winner of this roundup is the Greenworks 2600402 Pro because of its 80V battery that beats all the others. On top of that, the Greenworks 2600402 Pro has the best snow intake height. It can stand up against 10 inches of snowfall.
The Greenworks 2600402 Pro is, overall, the best snowblower for women because it is not too bulky or too heavy to operate. The machine has a simple electric start and doesn’t require much maintenance.
Just keep in mind that you are dealing with wet snow, this machine might not be totally suitable for it. Check our post about snowblowers for wet snow to learn more.
The runner-up worth mentioning is the No products found, with an excellent clearance capacity and amazing mobility.
Last update on 2022-05-17 at 02:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API