As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may also contain other affiliate links.
It is easy to see why solar lighting has become so popular in gardens and other outdoor spaces. As well as looking great, solar path lights are efficient and environmentally friendly.
However, there are some products on the market which aren’t up to the job. To help you avoid this potential pitfall, we have created this solar path lights review, featuring only reliable and efficient products. Also, you can visit the online Runspree shop for such reliable and efficient products.
In A Rush? Check Our Picks!
Let’s take a quick glance at the products we will talk about here.
Advantages of Using Solar Path Lights
Why are so many people opting for these types of lights?
There are a host of reasons for using solar lighting in your yard. If you are lucky enough to live in an area where the weather is nice, your outdoor space probably gets a lot of use.
Obviously it will need to be lit, but other forms of lighting are not as convenient or affordable.
Solar lights tend to be easy to install yourself and they are environmentally friendly as they are not drawing electricity. Not having to run cables to the lights or turn them on and off manually is a big plus point.
Although there are other types of solar light, such as wall lights, path lights are perhaps the most popular.
Lighting a pathway has functional uses of course, allowing you to see where you’re going and not step on plants! A twinkling set of lights in your yard can look very classy and enchanting if done correctly.
Features to Look For in Solar Path Lights
As briefly alluded to, there are some brands producing solar path lights which aren’t up to standard.
Some look cheap and flimsy, some aren’t bright enough, others aren’t reliable. To help you make the right choice, we’ve listed some features of good solar lights, which have helped us to pick out the top products to review.
Charge and Efficiency
There is little doubting the benefit of being able to draw power from natural resources. Solar power is growing in popularity and the technology continues to improve, as reported on solarpowerauthority.com.
Solar panels within the home are becoming better as well as standalone products such as lights.
This efficiency means that the charge can last far longer. Solar light is pretty useless if, after 10 hours of exposure to the sun, it can only give one hour of light.
The top products can harness this power and hold the charge, providing bright light for a long period of time. The brightness of lights is measured in lumens, and there is a huge amount of variation within solar lights, some offering 10 lumens of light and some just one or two lumens. Good models ensure that you have enough light and that you don’t get left in the darkness halfway through entertaining guests.
The most common look for path lights is a ‘stake’ style design which stands around knee-high from the ground with a 360 degree light at the top, but this isn’t the only option.
There are solar path lights that sit lower to the ground or even light from the ground, as well as lights which point in a certain direction and of course, different color schemes and styles.
There are some lights that are clean and clinical with simple designs, others have quirky lantern-style heads or more intricate designs.
Only you will know what is best for your own yard.
Installing your solar path lights should be something you can do yourself without having to hire help or spend a huge amount of time on it.
Many of the best solar lights are very simple to get set up in your yard. Some are as straightforward as removing the packaging and putting it in place. The video below shows how you can install quickly and easily.
Ease of installation will be affected by whether or not you choose wired or wireless solar lights. Wireless path lights have become the norm, and avoiding wires is a sensible choice for a lot of reasons, convenience being the main one.
Build Quality and Weather Resistance
Very few places in the world stay hot all year, and even locations that are temperate and light all year round may be susceptible to rain.
A good solar light should be well built and able to withstand weather conditions. Even if you don’t plan to spend much time in your yard come winter, having to remove your lights is a pain, and shouldn’t be necessary.
The best products in this space are able to work as effectively in any weather condition, with some even being able to withstand snow and icy conditions.
solar path lights reviews
AVEPIO Solar Pathway Lights
These Avepio solar lights are sold in a pack of 12 and provide excellent value for money. They boast a simple design that will look good in pretty much any yard.
These are wireless lights with a really simple installation process that can be done quickly and pain-free.
- Avepio solar path lights offer excellent charge. In four to six hours of daytime sun, the lights can charge enough to offer six to eight hours of nighttime light. The battery life is impressive considering the price of this set
- A simple six-step installation process means all 12 lights can be up and running in virtually no time.
- These lights are designed to be weatherproof. They are made of steel which is resistant to corrosion and these lights can work effectively even in adverse weather conditions
- 12-month warranty offering either refund or replacements.
- Though the battery is already included, there is a small amount of very simple construction required to build the rest of the light.
- These aren’t the sturdiest or most hard-wearing lights on the market. This is expectable at the price point but is worth considering.
If you are looking for a good quality set of no-frills lights which won’t cost a huge amount of money, the Avepio solar lights are worth a second look.
Enchanted Spaces Silver Solar Path Lights
These solar lights are designed to give an interesting twist to your path or other outdoor space, the glass lens projects a gorgeous geometric pattern which can add a real romantic vibe to your path.
Sold in packs of six, the Enchanted Spaces lights also boast rugged construction and the use of real glass and metal with no plastic used within the product.
- These lights provide bright and interesting lighting with each light capable of illuminating a 4’x4’ area.
- The exceptionally rugged build quality means the Enchanted Spaces lights are very unlikely to experience any damage, and even if they do there is a company warranty offering replacement parts.
- Easy to install and use, the battery is included within and the lights turn on and off automatically. There are no wires either. It really is a case of just installing the lights wherever you like and enjoying them.
- Takes 10-12 uses to fully charge the battery, which can mean the first couple of weeks of use you don’t experience the full potential.
- Although very rugged, the battery can stop working if exposed to a lot of heavy rainfall. The parts will be replaced under a warranty, but this can still be an annoyance.
If you are looking for lights which gives a quirky pattern and creates a talking point as well as lighting up your path, these could be for you.
Twinkle Star Solar Pathway Lights
Twinkle Star’s solar lights give another interesting design option.
Many of the other lights on this list offer a simple look but these have a ‘house’ design which resembles a lantern. These are decorative as well as being functional.
- Simple ‘stake’ installation which anyone can do easily, as well as being totally wireless.
- Holds charge brilliantly with six to eight hours of daytime charging providing eight to ten hours of light over the evening, which turns on automatically at dusk.
- Withstands all sorts of weather conditions for use all year round.
- The twinkle star lights have a plastic design, which is not the most rugged or classy looking (the coating does hide the fact they are made of plastic).
- Each light offers two lumens of brightness, which is not as bright as many of the other products on the list.
As a decorative item to give a subtle glow to your path then these solar lights do a great job, in spite of not being as long-lasting and solid as other lights.
Finether LED Solar Lights
This is another simple model of LED light which is an option for garden paths, and is one of the brightest models out there.
Finether LED solar lights have a metallic finish and modern look to them as well as being efficient and easy-to-use.
- Each light offers 10 lumens of lighting power, whereas many of its competitors offer two or five lumens, meaning these lights can illuminate larger areas.
- The solar panel is designed to collect from all angles, meaning it can make the most of whatever sunlight is available.
- No wires and simple four-step construction. The stake design can then simply be placed wherever in the yard you wish.
- Built to last with a metal design and rustproof coating.
- Comes with the battery already installed and holds charge sufficiently with six hours of charge providing eight hours of lighting.
- More expensive than some competing sets of solar path lights.
As you can see, it is a struggle to find downsides with this product other than the fact it isn’t the cheapest. The design works with modern and classic garden furnishing and these lights are rugged and hard-wearing.
Westinghouse Bastille II Solar LED Stake Light
The final set of lights to make our list is a luxurious offering by Westinghouse.
These lights cost a pretty penny, but the beautiful lenses and classy design make them an interesting addition to pathways.
- Beautiful sturdy steel design with a bronzed finish for a classical look.
- Each light comes with two LEDs, made with a patented design.
- Glass lenses mean the light diffuses nicely, giving a warm glow and subtle yet sufficient light for your pathway.
- Some of the most expensive solar path lights we’ve reviewed.
- May not offer enough in terms of brightness, especially as they come in packs of six. Their low coverage may mean you have to install more of these lights to get the same benefits as many of its competitors.
Solar Path Lights Reviews: Final Words
There are many different designs out there, some with quirky features such as light-diffusing lenses or even color-changing functions.
Personal preference will play a part, but you need to ensure you aren’t buying an unreliable product.
Based on the criteria we set out for the lights to be bright, efficient, easy-to-install, and durable, it is very hard to look past the Finether LED lights as being the best option.
The extra coating means these lights are likely to last many years, and they are both weatherproof and rustproof. The extra brightness given off (10 lumens) with the same amount of charge needed as many of the other models, is another big bonus.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2020-12-03 at 23:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API