The best time to buy a lawn tractor is in late February and early March. This is when the stores are fully stocked and ready to sell you new releases at a lower price. The best lawn mower sales also happen in August and September, but the stock may be limited by then.
Has your lawnmower seen better days? Are you thinking of upgrading it with a new and better lawn tractor from my top 5 list?
I don’t blame you! Lawn tractors and riding lawnmowers are so much more convenient to use than push models. They have all it takes to keep your large yard looking neat with hardly any effort.
Since riding lawnmowers are bigger and have more features to offer, they are also more expensive. But don’t let their steeper price discourage you from buying one.
I am here to help you pick the best time to buy a riding lawnmower, so you can get a huge discount. Keep on reading. I got lots of shopping tips in store!
- 1 Shopping Guide: When Is The Best Time To Buy A Riding Lawnmower
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Look Out For The Sales
Shopping Guide: When Is The Best Time To Buy A Riding Lawnmower
Hot Tip: Buy A Riding Lawnmower Off-Season
The best time to buy a riding lawnmower is in the months leading up to summer or right after. It is more difficult to find a good deal in June and July when the grass is growing tall and lawnmowers are in high demand. This is when the stores spike the prices to get the most out of their customers.
You will get a better deal on your lawn tractor when shopping in the spring or fall. Let’s take a closer look at your options.
Buying A Riding Lawnmower In The Spring
The best time in the early spring to buy a riding lawnmower is in late February and early March. This is when the stores offer discounted prices on the latest models to kick-start the year and attract new customers.
You are more likely to find what you need in the spring when the stores are fully stocked. Waiting for fall may not be the best choice if you have your eyes set on a particular zero turn lawnmower . It may be best to buy it in the spring while it is still in stock.
If you miss the early March deadline, you still have a chance to snatch your favorite lawnmower off the shelf from April to May. Look out for those late spring-season promotions.
Buying A Riding Lawnmower In Fall
The best time to buy a lawn tractor is also in August and September. This is when the stores are marking down what’s left in stock to make space for snowblowers, chain saws, and other winter equipment.
In the fall, you are guaranteed to get a good discount, but not necessarily a selection of products. At this time of the year, stores only have a limited inventory available. Buying a lawn tractor in the fall may be best for people that are open to taking any brand or model.
Hot Tip: Why It Is Not The Best Idea To Buy In Winter
Some of the best sales take place at the end of the year. So, why is it not such a good idea to buy a riding lawnmower in winter?
If you buy a riding lawnmower or lawn tractor in winter, chances are you won’t set it up till spring. You won’t know if there are any missing or damaged parts until it is too late. Your return and exchange period will expire, and you will have to claim the warranty to get the machine fixed.
You can take full advantage of winter sales if you plan on inspecting the package upon arrival. Just know that at this point, the selection of lawnmowers will be very limited.
Hot Tip: Follow These Shopping Tips To Make The Best Purchase
- Determine what type of product you need for the size and configuration of your yard. Zero-turn lawn mowers, like these ones, are ideal for lawns that have lots of obstacles in the way. A lawn tractor performs best on emptier lawns and is great for hauling weight. This video will help you find just what you need:
- Familiarize yourself with this year’s new electric or No products found.
- Study the features of the products you are interested in before online shopping or going to the store.
- Make a list of pros and cons and determine which product takes the lead.
- Read honest online reviews to get the inside scoop.
- Avoid impulse buying.
- Don’t be afraid to ask a qualified employee for advice.
- Make sure the product you are buying comes with a good warranty.
- Inspect the item for defects if buying the last item in stock. If you notice any scratches or dents, report them to the manager. You might get a bonus discount on them.
- Don’t be afraid to leave the store empty-handed. You might have better luck in other places.
- Don’t be pressured into buying something that you are on the fence about.
- Keep the receipt after purchase. It is proof of ownership.
Best Time To Buy A Riding Lawnmower?
The best time to buy a riding lawnmower is in early spring, from late February till early March. This is when the stores are fully stocked, and the prices are lowered to lure in the customers. You can also get a good discount in August and September. But by then, inventory may be running low.
Can You Negotiate Lawn Mower Prices?
Negotiating a lower price at big retail stores like Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart is harder than at smaller dealerships. You may be able to get a small discount on a lawnmower if paying in cash or if you find a scratch or a dent on the product. Even damaged packaging may get you a better deal.
Look Out For The Sales
One thing is for sure. The worst time to buy a lawn tractor is in June and July when demand for lawn tools is the highest. But if your lawnmower breaks in the summer, you may not have other option but to buy it at full price.
For this reason, it is better to buy a lawnmower ahead of time, in early spring, or right after the summer, to get ready for the next year. Amazon sells a great selection of riding lawn mowers, lawn tractors, and accessories to go along with them.
The best time to buy a riding lawnmower is right around the corner. So, look out for the sales! They might come when you least expect it.
Last update on 2023-03-24 at 22:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API