Hanging out in your gazebo on a warm summer night is one of the best feelings in the world.
Allen+Roth has an amazing line of gazebos that I can personally vouch for (I own the Allen Roth gazebo with a soft-top in the color of beige, myself.) Gazebos are a place where you can hang out with all of your friends and family and just shoot the breeze.
However, the winter eventually comes and that is when the gazebo top has to be put away. I always hate doing that since I know that cold, nasty weather is just around the corner!
While I do take the top off of my gazebo before winter, I have a lot of friends who own a hardtop gazebo and they don’t remove their tops. Instead, they use a gazebo cover to convert it into a winter shed.
How brilliant is that!
Not only your hardtop gazebo is protected during the winter but also, the cover allows you to keep using your hardtop gazebo during the winter months and have that extra outdoor space for storage or other needs.
For example, if you are having an outdoor winter party, you can this improvised shed as a food and drink serving spot. If you install heaters in it, you can use it as a shelter for the guests who got too cold partying.
You can also store there various stuff, for example, firewood. For more ideas on how to store firewood, check this post with the firewood storage images.
Gazebo Winter Cover by Sojag
An excellent product to use if you also have one is the Winter Cover gazebo cover from Sojag. It can protect a hardtop or soft top gazebo during cold weather.
Cover Sizes And Specs
The cover is sod in multiple sizes that range from 8’x8′ to 12’x20′.
It is designed to fit most of the Sojag gazebos but can also be used with the gazebos of other manufacturers as well. Just remember to measure your gazebo properly first. If you tried the cover over your gazebo and it seems to not fit, do not force it to fit! Just return it back to the seller.
The cover is made of polyethylene and resembles a tarp that would be used for camping.
The nice thing about using the winter cover is that it converts your hardtop gazebo into a place for winter storage. If you’ve wondered what to do with your gazebo during unfavorable weather, this winter cover might be your solution.
Simply cover your hardtop gazebo with this gazebo cover and you’ve created a shed-like building that can double as extra storage.
The advantages to using this winter cover are numerous.
Besides the fact that it transforms your gazebo into a place of storage, it also protects your gazebo from harsh weather. Snowstorms and freezing rain can damage your gazebo if it is left uncovered. This is why it is such a great idea to buy this cover.
Here are more details about the winter cover by Sojag:
- It has one door and two windows
- The door is usually placed on the longer side of the cover
- The cover is completely water resistant and comes with air vents that help to properly circulate the air
- There are eyelets at the bottom of the cover for its poles to go through (similar to a tent)
- The cover also comes equipped with bands at each end which attaches the poles to the cover
Pros And Cons
Now, let’s look at all of the positives and negatives of this hardtop gazebo cover:
- The study polyethylene material is sure to keep out water and protect both your gazebo and the items you are storing in it
- Vents are sewn into the cover to allow for the proper circulation of air
- The installation might be a little complicated. I’ll go over the installation procedure in detail, below. It’s a good idea to read up on the process before delving into it
- The manufacturer guaranties it fits only Sojag gazebos
Compatible Gazebo Models
Here are the most popular 10′ x 12′ gazebo models that fit this winter cover. The size fits pretty much all the range of popular gazebos including Allen Roth ones.
Since the manufacture guaranties that the cover fits only Sojag gazebos, but careful when buying the cover for gazebos made by other brands. Measure first your gazebo to make sure the cover will fit.
If you tried the cover over your gazebo and it seems to not fit, do not force it to fit! Just return it back to the seller.
Can you use the cover on a soft top gazebo? If you want to use the cover for soft top gazebos, you may do so. However, remember that the weight of snow might be too heavy for the gazebo soft top and it may collapse under it.
|Gazebo Brand||Gazebo type||Gazebo Models||Gazebo SKUs|
|Sojag Messina||hard top||500-8161328||1134272|
|Sojag Dakota||hard top||500-8157222||12953715S|
Please note that this gazebo winter cover is not compatible with the following gazebo models:
- Allen+Roth gazebo L-GZ1150PST-B (SKU 774145)
- Allen+Roth hardtop gazebo A111500900 (SKU 732511)
Gazebo Winter Cover Installation Instructions
As mentioned above, installing your gazebo cover can be a little tricky. I’ve put together this installation procedure how-to guide to help you when installing it:
- Take your gazebo cover out of the package and unfold it.
- Position the cover over your gazebo and line up the longer and shorter sides with their corresponding gazebo walls. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind while doing that:
- Be mindful of the door placement.
- Don’t install it inside out; make sure that the seams of the cover are on the inside.
- Acquire two stepladders and position them on two neighboring corners of the gazebo.
- Carefully position the cover over the gazebo. Ensure that you do not put any tears into the material.
- If there is any excess material leftover at the bottom of the cover, fold it outwards.
- Place weights on top of the excess cover that is folded up. (I’ll discuss a good weight option below!)
- Ensure that you attach the cover to the ground by placing poles or stakes through its eyelets.
You will need at least two people for this installation.
You will also need weights that should be purchased in addition to the cover to keep it weighted down.
There are fixing bolts on the cover that keep the cover attached to the gazebo. When installing your cover, you may need to drill holes into the legs of the gazebo to accommodate these bolts.
Check out a link to the original gazebo cover instructions for more details about the cover installation.
And speaking of the weights… I found a product that might go well with this cover.
Weights for Gazebo Winter Cover
As mentioned previously, you are going to need weights to keep your gazebo winter cover grounded.
These pool cover weights from Swimline will work wonderfully with the cover.
Here are the specs:
- They come in a pack of 12 and are 8″ X 4″ X 36″.
- Polyethylene is the material used to manufacture these weights.
- You will need four weights for each side of the gazebo cover.
- The weights can be filled with any material of your choosing, including gravel, dirt or soil.
Weights Pros and Cons
Here are positive and negative aspects to these pool cover weights.
- There are much easier to fill and store compared to traditional water bags
- They stack easily and can be stored with ease
- The weights are sturdy and can withstand bad weather
- They may come damaged from the manufacturer
- The weights might seem to be pricey for some customers when compared to water bags and empty milk jugs alternatives
If you’ve been looking for a cover for your gazebo (check out gazebo reviews here), then the winter gazebo cover by Sojag is a great choice.
It would fit perfectly my Allen and Roth inspired backyard. The ability to transform your gazebo into winter storage is well worth the money spent. You definitely won’t regret buying this integral piece of outdoor decor.
Last update on 2023-02-09 at 03:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API